Xmas Cash 2020 Competition T&Cs
Full terms and conditions.
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at https://oceanradio.fm/terms-and-conditions/competitions) (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Ocean Broadcasting as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions apply to the “£2,000 Xmas Cash 2020” competition (the “Competition”) which runs from 1st December 2020 to 23rd December 2020 (the “Duration”) on Ocean Broadcasting’s radio station, Ocean Radio (the “Brand”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms & Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the Competition an Entrant must identify when the specific song: “Wham – Last Christmas” (the “Competition Song”) is played on-air, and text into the station within the duration of the song. To do this, Entrants must send a text message starting with the word OCEAN followed by their name to either 60777 in the UK, or 215566 in ES, (the “Text Message Line”) within the duration of the Competition Song being played. Text messages will be charged at standard network rates.
4. The Text Message Line is open multiple times during the competition Duration. The line will open when the Competition Song begins playing and will close again when the Competition Song ends. If an Entrant texts in after the closing time, they will not be entered into the Competition draw, but they will still be charged.
5. Ocean Broadcasting is not responsible for any latency experienced by an Entrant’s mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of text messages to and/or from us. Additionally, Ocean Broadcasting is not responsible for any erroneous entries which may occur through a mobile phone network error or handset error.
6. When an Entrant enters the competition, they will receive a text message that we have received their text message, please note this does not count as an official confirmation of competition entry. We will manually check each entry before the competition winner is drawn, and any invalid entries will be disqualified.
7. After the closing time of the Competition, one entry will be selected at random from all of the entries received during the valid entry period. Once the winner is decided, the prize for the Competition will be awarded. The winning Entrant will be contacted on the Breakfast show on 24th December 2020. We will make two attempts to contact the winner by telephone on the number they texted into us. If the winning Entrant cannot be contacted, a new winning Entrant may be selected at random from the remaining valid entries.
8. Entrants must be aged 18 or over and have the bill payer’s permission.
9. You can enter the Competition once for each time the Competition Song is played, but there is no limit on entries throughout the competition duration. We strongly advise against excessive use.
10. Entrants must have a bank account, as the prize will be paid via bank transfer.
11. To be eligible for this competition, you must not be affiliated with Ocean Broadcasting (or it’s brands), and the competition sponsor, The Dusty Miller (Derbyshire).
12. One Entrant will win a prize of £2,000 GBP paid by bank transfer.
13. The prize is non-transferrable.
14. Ocean Broadcasting reserves the right to change the prize or part of it at any time.
15. We will endeavour to pay the winner as soon as possible, but are not responsible for any delays in the banking system. Furthermore, the winner will be required to answer a call from Ocean Radio between 9am and 12pm on Thursday 24th December and supply all the requested information immediately (as directed).
16. If any eligibility checks need to be carried out, there may be some delay in awarding the prize.
17. Ocean Broadcasting reserves the right to remove the Competition from all media if events out of our control require us to do so.
Publicity and Identity of Winners:
18. If you win a prize, we may publish your full name and town or area of residence indefinitely on our radio station websites, and on air. We will seek your permission before publishing.